Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New blog

I have said I love investing and I believe that anyone can do it, no matter how little you know or how little you have in your bank account. You can do it and you don't need to pay someone to help you. I want to help with the information I have learned to get everyone on the road to investing and securing their futures - you can do it and don't need to pay a lot for it!

I am just testing the waters with this blog - we'll see if it goes anywhere and how it evolves. I need your help. Ask me questions or leave comments about what kind of posts you would like to see and what is important to you. I can't address people's issues unless I now what they are... Feedback!!! PLEASE!

A few years ago, I knew NOTHING about investing, but knew I needed to do something for all this money we had been setting aside and to work on our family's financial future. I was scared and thought I would mess it all up, but I was too cheap to pay someone our hard earned money to do this for us, so I decided to learn and do it myself. And I have - we are not rich by any means, but we are doing alright, and I have kept up with what the professionals would have made us.

It is gratifying to look at your accounts and know you managed this and you actually saved this amount of money. Yes, you may make mistakes, but everyone does - even the professionals- and wouldn't it be better for you to make those mistakes and learn, than to pay someone to make them and still lose (plus the money you paid them?)

So come on, you can do it - ask me anything you want to know about and if I don't know the answer, I'll research it and try to figure it out :) Also help me evolve the blog and let me know what you would like to see - I am very open to suggestions!

I have several post ideas coming in the next few days - so keep checking back often!!

No comments: